Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter continued...




The stairs are the ones from St. Andrews Cathedral that she successfully climbed the other day. She is an angel even when she sleeps.




4/19/2009 continued...

Well, the afternoon included naptime and lunch and laundry. We have to start the laundry early in the day or it will not be dry by the next morning. After nap, we stopped for coffee and ice cream. However, Nina turned down the ice cream and fruit when it arrived at our table. I think she was really craving the walk outside... I was craving the coffee. My parents called while we were having coffee. It's always a treat to hear from them! Nina spoke to my mom. It was so cute. While I visited with my parents, she was quite well behaved.

Nina attempted the stairs at St. Andrews Cathedral again. She was distracted by all of the visitors going up and down the stairs. It was a busy day at the Cathedral! She concluded her climb with a tumble down a step at the bottom. Her sweet little hand slipped out of mine, and she fell. She has quite a bruise next to her right eye. I think this in one of many to come once we arrive home. Next, we went up to the street market and picked out some hand painted eggs. The artist was the same one Jordan and I met on our first visit, elderly and wearing a beret. He is such a kind man. Then, we stopped and Nina got to play in the dirt, a favorite pasttime. I visited with Jordan and the kids. And, all of them visited with Nina. She started talking with each one of them as if they totally understood her. She recognizes them as part of her life already. Even when I put her on the telephone, she said, "Mia, Karly, Wiley?" When they all turn into mean teenagers, someone will have to remind me of these precious times!

We left the market and went to the park behind St. Andrews Cathedral. She loved it. She even let me pet a small horse without freaking out. I had to pull her away from the park because it was getting late. I love how she desires to be outside and active! We left and passed a few dogs along the way. She handled it just fine. She even barked at one of them. And, she asked me to turn the stroller around so that she could see one (keeping her distance of course.) What a change from two days ago! Aunt Liz called us and we visited while strolling the main street, Maydan, which was closed for the holiday. We ventured back to the apartment, stopping first to buy a few pastries. The day ended with dinner and bedtime. No tears tonight!!!!!!

A few things from the day: she had two pieces of turkey on her plate and she said, "one, two!" She also said, "bye bye pechenya." (Cookie) She dropped one of her cookies and told it bye. I laugh at her ability to use English words mixed with Ukrainian words. She says "apple" and "banana" and "orange." She has mastered "thank you." At bedtime, Nina was asking to go potty. She had just been to the potty soI said no. And, she said, "yes peska." Again, she uses English and Ukrainian words. We both started giggling after that. Our conversations are wild, but as Jordan said, "you are communicating!" Although I miss Jordan and kids everday, this has been an important time for mother and daughter. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment