Saturday, April 25, 2009

First Leg of Our Trip

4/25/2009

I'm tired, so I will be brief. We left this morning from Kiev at 8:30am (from our apartment.) We passed through gates, passport checks and security and more passport stops. We met our friends from Alabama... they got their Visa. I was so happy for them. Mrs. Alabama was ready to get her tail home! We also traveled with Alina and her parents. We did not sit together but we did the airport stuff together. They are neat people!

Our flight was delayed, and we sat on the plane for about an hour. Nina could not understand why we could not go outside. She was asleep within minutes of take off. She slept for about an hour and a half. Then, she awakened and ate some cold lunch. She watched videos until the battery on the computer died. Then we read books, colored and she played in her chair by herself. She pretended with her doll. We then started our trips to the bathroom... a total of ten (I lost count!) I finally cut her off toward the end of the flight.

She was a jewel. We had a few tantrums and she tossed her body around in her seat and threw her arms around. Our neighbor had enjoyed a few too many "non complimentary" drinks. Then, they spilled their drinks all over their seats. We enjoyed the odor from that direction of the plane. Then, another passenger was sick... all over the place. We enjoyed that odor. All that aside, it was a fabulous flight. Nina was great!

We arrived in New York and survived customs and entry into the USA! I was so thrilled that I could have kissed the ground when we got here. I was bubbly until we reached our room. I am beat! It's almost 2:00am in Kiev! Nina was asleep by 6:30pm, and I am about to join her. We have to be up at 3:30am to catch our 6:00am flight. See some of you tomorrow. I can't wait to see the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment